Have you given Windows 11 a second thought in favour of Windows 10? If so, then you should read this article. Everything you need to know about downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10 is covered in this extensive article.
Why downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10?
Microsoft introduced Windows 11, a new operating system, in the latter half of 2021. Despite the fact that Windows 10 has a lot of new features and enhancements, some users might opt to continue with it for a variety of reasons, including hardware limits, compatibility difficulties, or personal preference.
Step-by-Step Guide to Downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10
Here is a step-by-step instruction you can use if you’ve decided to downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10:
- Backup your critical data and files to a cloud storage platform or external disc.
- Get the Windows 10 installation files from the Microsoft website.
- Using the Windows 10 installation media, make a bootable USB device or DVD.
- Start your computer using the Windows 10 installation media, then install Windows 10 by following the on-screen prompts.
- Utilize your product key or digital license to activate Windows 10 after installation is complete.
Things to consider before downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10
Here are some crucial factors to take into account before you downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10:
- Compatibility : Verify that your devices and software are compatible with Windows 10 before purchasing anything. To find drivers and compatibility information, visit the manufacturer’s website.
- Security: Compared to Windows 10, Windows 11 has significant security enhancements. If you downgrade to Windows 10, be sure you have a strategy in place to keep your machine secure.
- Updates: Microsoft is still providing support for Windows 10, although that support will stop in 2025. Make sure you have a strategy in place before that time to upgrade to a newer version of Windows.
Everything you need to know about downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10 has been covered in this post. You can follow the step-by-step instructions we’ve provided, and we’ve also included some crucial points to think about before switching. You may successfully downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10 by following this tutorial.